D&T Fidget spinner

For my fidget spinner I originally thought that I would only need two wings, but it turns out that I needed four for a more balanced spin. The challenge of building the fidget spinner was trying not to burn my hand. The bearing for the fidget spinner was also very greasy therefore the glue had trouble latching onto the bearing, this was problematic yet I leapt over the hurdle. I did try to make two wings work but to no avail, this is why I added two more wings. I think the two wings didn’t work because it wasn’t balanced properly.

D&T Wooden Tool Box

During this D&T project we constructed a tool box with Minimum adult help. We started with cutting all the pieces of wood to The required measurements. Then for the front and back vertical pieces we had to glue the pieces together, so that they made one seamless wider plank. After that we had to get a big drill to make a hole, on the top of the plank. Then what we did was glue the side pieces onto the main board and nail them in more so that they will last longer. And then we did the same for the front and back pieces. Then to glue the dowel across the tool box, I had to put the dowel halfway through the holes, then glue each end, then pushed it all the way through. After that all I had to do was sand down the whole tool box so that it would be smooth, and not a splinter hazard. The funnest part of all this, sawing the wood because it was a new experience and was exciting. A new skill was sawing wood. The tool box was quicker to build than I expected. I don’t think that I would need or want to change any of the process. This was glueing the two pieces together so that it would make a wider board for the front and back.This was glueing the side pieces then putting the nails through them.this was after putting the front and back pieces onto the main board.This was after putting the front and side pieces onto the main boardThis is the final product.

D&T Pin Cushions

In design and tech, I started building my pin cushion by drawing a fifteenby fifteen centimetre box, in my notebook. Within that box I drew a simple two dimensional two legged creature, then I cut out the drawing. After that I got two different coloured pieces of cloth, and traced the animal onto the cloth pieces with a orange pencil. Then after that was done I got two white buttons and sewed them onto where the ‘head’ was. Then we put the two pieces of cloth on top of eacother, with there buttons touching. This was so we where sewing it inside out, while leaving a small gap at the top of the creature. After doing that we flipped the creature inside out, and stuffed it, by putting ‘cotton like stuffing’ through the small gap. When the creature was fully stuffed we sewed the little gap tightly, so the stuffing won’t escape. I think the most rewarding part was seeing the final product, and the most challenging was flipping it inside out.